Wednesday 26 September 2012

My Amazing Non-Kinesthetic Son


We have just had amazing day, again. But today again was very demanding on the kids. Today I have been the most emotional so far as waves of exhaustion reached their peek. 

We returned to one of the schools/projects from 2009. 

Four things that have blown me away with Connor this trip: 

1) We sat down in our economy class seats on the first leg of the flight and Connor commenced checking out the chair, the screen, the in-fight entertainment and said, "Man, I can't imagine first class!" 

2) Connor felt bad that people from the hotel would come and clean our room and make the beds etc so set about making both beds as best he could so they wouldn't have to do that. (Now if we can only get him to apply that principle at home!) 

3) Despite being non-kinesthetic, Connor allowed heaps of children today to hug him (this has been the case over the whole time) and take photos with him. He has allowed himself to be pushed. 

4) He has even tried lots of different foods, for example at breakfast today. He asked me if I knew what something was and I had no idea. But I suggested he try it and if he doesn't like it then don't eat the rest. So he did! 

Anyway, we are all in bed. Amazing day. Long Day. Testing Day. But none of us would have it any other way. More tomorrow on how the last 5 days have been! 

1 comment:

  1. What amazing children you have Brenton and trinity you must be so very proud

    ReplyDelete