Wednesday 12 September 2012

Yesterday's Moment

Yesterday I had the greatest privilege of heading to Sydney on an Excursion with Connor and all his classmates. They have been studying "Multicultural Australia" in class.
Sydney was the perfect place to have a taste and a smell and a look at just what that looks like. We only did get to walk in the Chinese Gardens and visit China Town, but it was a taste.
As I walked through China Town and saw the reactions of my group of 5 boys to people who dressed differently, spoke differently and looked different I thought about us in Indonesia.
In Indonesia we are the ones that are going to look different and speak differently and dress differently.
I am hoping and praying that while we are in Indonesia we will be excited to experience different things. That we will embrace indonesian people and look beyond the differences, to their hearts. That we will endeavour to try different foods. And that the smells will be not too overpowering!

In this moment I am thankful for differences. In this moment I am glad we are not all the same. In this moment I am thankful for the richness, colour, depth and understanding that differences bring. In this moment I am glad I am different and have a whole host of different people who are my family and friends and a whole host of different people yet to be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment