Saturday 29 September 2012

Connor Update - Boats, Sunsets, Lanterns and Volcanoes

So, yesterday we went out to the harbor to catch a boat to Bunaken Island. We were all a bit dubious about the boat that we went in, plus we had to make it to the boat by climbing over other boats.

We had seen the volcano from a distance by plane and by land and I have been wanting to take a picture, but now we are literally right next to it, well, thats how I feel at least.

I have seen very pretty sunsets in Australia but this sunset was stunning. I have never seen the sun so orange in my long, wise life. The way the volcano was framed         against the sun and the orange cloud.

The electric lights don't fit in with the old fashioned huts so they have put glass lanterns up. It looks really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment